Steps to Re-create
Here’s a photo of a red building with shiny red windows. We can select each of these portions out separately and alter their colors. You could even change each window to be a different color if you wanted to.
- Use the Quick Selection (W) tool and drag/paint across the areas of the red building. If it selects some areas you don’t want selected hold Alt/Opt and drag/paint over those areas.
- Create a Hue/Saturation Adjustment layer, check colorize and enter a Hue of 118 and a Saturation of 25.
- Make a new layer and choose Select > Color Range from the top menu and click on one of the windows.
- Adjust the fuzziness slider until the windows are in white and the building is in black and hit OK.
- Make a Color Balance adjustment layer and use the following values
- Midtones – 75, 63, -50
- Highlights – 42, -6, -24
- Shadows – -53, 6 -12
- Make a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer and check colorize and enter a Hue of 294, Saturation of 52 and Lightness of -12
Thanks for checking out Evervisions.com. I know there are a ton of places to find Photoshop tutorials so I thank you for taking a look. I hope you learned something.